Popular Brands which use cork in Footwear
List of Popular footwear brands which use cork
What will you think about if you heard the word “cork,”? Mmm well, wine bottle stoppers? Or a county in Ireland? But never shoes right? Well, did you know many shoes use cork in their footbeds? Cork provides a dynamic “bounce” to your steps due of its natural elasticity along with being extremely lightweight and form-fitting. We know you’re curious to know more about this wonder product. Let’s cut to the chase and delve into it straight away:
What is cork and what makes it unique?
Cork is a material derived from the bark of Cork Oak tree. Its considered buoyant, elastic, and resistant to water and fire both. We at Murtle, believe firmly in sustainability and love the fact that cork’s production is generally environmental-friendly. If the cork is harvested in the right manner, the tree it comes from retains itself, and eventually grows back its bark. Cork also leaves lesser carbon footprint than its fellow materials since it can be recycled easily.
Why prefer cork footbeds?
- Health factor: Cork is flexible enough to take up the shape of the foot, creating great support for your feet. These orthopedic footbeds are designed to ensure proper weight distribution and aids good posture and balance.
Comfort: Cork is lightweight and provides excellent shock absorption. One of the popular brands, Finn Comfort, claims that their cork-infused footbeds feels like “walking barefoot in the sand.” That sounds like a dream, isn’t it?
- Odor Resistance: Cork is odor-resistant. Now what could be better than that, especially if you’re living in a tropical country? The natural substance of Cork helps prevent moisture buildup and allows your feet to breathe. Good enough reason to try this wonder out?
- Sustainability- As we’ve already discussed how awesome it is to know that Cork is highly recyclable and helps reduce carbon footprint, we are all go-gaga over it.
List of shoe brands which use cork
Now that you are enlightened enough about cork shoes, let’s have a look at some of the popular brands which use cork in their footwear:
Naot shoes come from Israel, where Naot means “oasis”.They are made of cork, natural latex, and soft suede, and are designed to pamper your foot.
Birkenstock shoes have been around since 1774 and continue to rise in popularity. They say “The longer you wear a pair of Birkenstocks, the more their footbed takes shape of your foot, and the more comfortable they become”.
The experts at Finn Comfort believe that luxurious comfort is all about the details and hence they are engineered for the best walking experience. There’s no wonder why shoe lovers and health professionals all over the world are head over heels for these.
There are many more popular brands which use cork in their footwear. Have a look:
- Mephinsto Helen
- Spenco Yumi
- WTW Gizeh and WTW Arizona
- Minnetonka York Wedge
- Vionic Lizbeth
- Northside Anya and Northside Mariani
- Color me Mad
So, would you like to give cork shoes a try next time you go “shoe shopping”? We definitely recommend you to pick a pair in order to experience ““walking barefoot in the sand” all day long- a vacation exclusively for your feet!
Come experience Murtle at www.murtle.in